Winnebago’s Biggest Motorhome Ever part of 2010 Lineup
Winnebago Industries recently introduced its top-of-the-line 2010 Itasca Ellipse at the Winnebago Itasca Traveler's Grand National Rally.
Starting with the exciting new 42AD tag axle, this model is the longest motor home ever built by Winnebago Industries. Four slideouts, three roof air conditioners and a multitude of seating and dining options offer spacious livability to the fulltimer or owners interested in spending a lot of time in their coach.
The 42AD tag axle model has a GVWR of 44,320 pounds with additional carrying capacity in addition to enhanced ride and drive qualities, 15,000 pounds hitch capacity and 150 gallon fuel tank capacity. The Maxum chassis also offers a powerful 400 hp, 8.9L Cummins diesel engine with six-speed transmission, independent front suspension and a rear radiator.
Another new Winnebago Industries first, the new 40CD model features the company’s first bath and a half design. The new 40CD features a driver’s side full-wall slide, a bath and a half design and a multitude of dining and seating options in the front of the coach. The bathroom is positioned in the rear of the unit and comes complete with an electric flush toilet, sink, storage area and tub/shower combination.
Other highlights of Winnebago Industries’ new 2010 lineup include:
- Fuel efficient Winnebago Via and Itasca Reyo -- The Winnebago Via and Itasca Reyo are the first Class A diesel motorhomes built on the fuel efficient Dodge/Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis. These 25-foot, fresh, innovative and fully equipped motor homes are slated to provide the highest fuel efficiency currently available in a Class A motor home, along with superior handling and maneuverability.
- Top-of-the-line Class A diesel Winnebago Tour and Itasca Ellipse -- The premium 2010 Tour and Ellipse go to new lengths this year with three new floorplans and one modified floorplan, complete with an exciting new 42-foot tag axle model. The quad-slide 42AD is feature-filled with such highlights as a unique sectional sofa, 40-inch LCD TV, fully equipped galley and upscale cab area including UltraLeather cab seats with a new heated seat option for 2010.
- Winnebago Vista and Itasca Sunstar -- Enhanced interior styling and an all-new exterior look are just two of the features of the totally-redesigned Vista and Sunstar for 2010. These value priced Class A motor homes even offer a front engine diesel option for improved mileage, as well as a new 30W floorplan for 2010.
- Increased fuel efficiency for Winnebago Sightseer and Itasca Sunova -- Winnebago Industries’ most popular Class A product lines, the Winnebago Sightseer and Itasca Sunova, were taken to a new level for 2010 with enhanced exterior and interior styling and the added availability of a front engine diesel option for greater fuel efficiency. The Sightseer and Sunova are available in four floorplans, including a new 33-foot model for 2010.
- New model offerings in Winnebago Journey, Journey Express and Itasca Meridian, Meridian V Class -- The diesel Winnebago Journey and Itasca Meridian, as well as the new Winnebago Journey Express and Itasca Meridian V Class form an unbeatable combination in 2010. Each features two exciting floorplans and a host of key features. The new Journey Express and Meridian V Class are value leaders, while the Journey and Meridian are built on Winnebago Industries’ Maxum chassis and offer maximum storage and a host of floorplan configurations for true floorplan flexibility.
- Unbeatable Winnebago Adventurer and Itasca Suncruiser -- The Winnebago Adventurer and Itasca Suncruiser lines are an RVer’s dream and will be hard to beat with five exciting floorplans, three of which are new or modified for 2010. Well rounded chassis selections give the Adventurer and Suncruiser even broader appeal with a selection of Ford, Workhorse and new for 2010, is the availability of Freightliner’s popular front engine diesel (FRED) chassis on particular models.
- New Winnebago View Profile -- This Sprinter chassis based “low-profile” Class C combines innovative design, creative use of space and fuel efficiency in a compact package that delivers full-size comfort and livability.
To view Winnebago Industries entire 2010 lineup, visit www.winnebagoind.com and click on Products.